Do I Need to Talk to my Insurance Agent

Yes, and the sooner the better. Your real estate professional can help you with this, but most insurance professionals have a lot of experience in working with homeowners and can offer useful tips about homeownership, particularly regarding home safety and keeping your premiums low.

Once you\’ve found a home, work with your insurance agent to develop a homeowner\’s policy that meets your individual needs. You\’ll need to bring evidence of a fully-paid policy for your mortgage lender when you come to closing. Make sure you take this step with your insurance provider as early as possible; in many locations you\’ll have trouble assuming title if you don\’t have proper insurance in place.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *